- By Admin
- 23 Feb, 2021
Are your kids tired and bored with the monotonous mathematics lessons? Are you upset that your ward is not doing well with their arithmetic lessons? Or do you want to sharpen their mathematical skill more? There is the right solution for all your worries. Abacus may be the proper method to help you and kids in the present and the future. Abacus is the manual calculator comprising beads that have been in use for decades and centuries.
And that’s where Mastermind come in having accrued tremendous amount of experience and expertise, our teachers are more than equipped to bestow their knowledge on your children!
So how does abacus helps with children's growth and development? Here's how:
- Calculation skills: We are sure you must have seen your kids struggling with mental mathematics and losing marks in examining silly mistakes while solving numerical problems. But with an abacus, you don't have to worry about wrong calculation ever again! Abacus helps your children with increased question-solving skills with the help of visualization. Thus that abacus will build accurate calculation skills of your child.
- Concentration skills: The abacus method makes it attractive for the kids to learn through beads, numbers, and even colors! The movement of beads for solving math problems makes your kid focus more on the sum. This concentration and focusing skills are a part of learning. The concentration and focusing skills further contribute to your kids' attentive and patience virtue in the long run. Also, did you know with the increased concentration power that your kids become better at their listening skills? Thus we can rightly say not only does it help in math but also every other subject.
- Memorization skills: abacus uses the power of visualization and the photographic mind to train your kids to learn untangling bigger and more significant problems. This visualization study method will help your kids learn the tricks and tips of mental mathematics. And as we know, a good memory power holds the string to good grades.
The above points help you understand the importance of abacus for your kids in the short run, limited to educational advantages and how it helps achieve good grades. Now if we look at the long-run benefits from abacus, the most vital ones are discussed below:
- Brain development: While we focus on developing the left brain skills of the children through various subjects taught in school, abacus focuses on the development of the right side of the brain, i.e. the creative side of the brain. Without a doubt, abacus helps in building up a child's creativity, imagination and intuition edge.
- High IQ: In sculpting the right side of the brain, abacus also helps in sharpening the skills of the left brain comprising training, math, logic and calculation skills. The combined development of both the sides of the brain can ensure a higher IQ at a young age and further improve life.
- Multitasking: In learning abacus, children also get introduced to the skill of multitasking or ambidextrous. She was thus teaching them to focus on two tasks at the same time. With the concentration and focus skill developed from abacus learning, multitasking much easier for the future.
- Soft skills development: As parents, we understand your need for preparing your wards for a better future. But did you know abacus can help your kids even in their workplace and life in general. Abacus helps curate one of the many soft skills required in day-to-day life- problem-solving skills.
Therefore, hopefully, this article answered all your queries regarding abacus learning, and why should you choose the method for your kid. Apart from rendering mental mathematics and calculation skills, abacus in a way, positively shape your kid's personality for their present learning and future growth and also eliminating past silly mistakes. And another very important fact is that Mathematics is an integral part of all competitive exams. Abacus gives and additional edge to your child.
At Mastermind, we have strived for excellence in all avenues. Abacus is a nuanced vocation and requires astute knowledge, Mastermind have worked tirelessly to refine and accentuate their efforts. Find your love for abacus at Mastermind.